Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Top 5 News Outlets

  1. ESPN https://www.espn.com/

ESPN

    This is probably my most used media outlet. I am a very big sports fan and this is where I am able to get all of my new information regarding sports, my favorite teams, players etc. What I love most about this website is how versatile it is. I can information about many different sports, and there's especially a lot regarding my two favorite sports, basketball and football. I can also get perspectives from different coaches and players about certain things. An example of this would St. Johns basketball Coach Rick Patino, in a press conference talking about why he hasn't enjoyed coaching this year. Information like this along with the actual games is what makes ESPN such a great place to get information regarding sports.


2. Fox News https://www.foxnews.com/

Tucker Carlson is leaving Fox News

Fox is one of the few news media outlets that I listen to and get information from. Fox revolves around talking political and societal issues and they have a lot of new and fresh information constantly be put out. This media outlet is very much right leaning and I feel as if it is very biased politically. Even thought this may be the case, I still like getting my information from here because there are very few other popular right leaning news outlets.


3. CNN https://www.cnn.com/

CNN - YouTube

CNN, like fox is one of the few news media outlets that I listen to and acquire information from. CNN revolves around talking about politcal and societal issues going on primarily in the United States. when I was in middle school our class used to watch "CNN 10" which I thought was very informative because it gave a 10 minute highlight of the major events going on in the U.S. Since watching these videos I've enjoyed airing knowledge from this platform. I like getting my information from CNN as well as Fox because they represent two different side of the political coin.


4. Instagram https://www.instagram.com/

Instagram - Wikipedia

Instagram is a media outlet where I get a lot of my information from. Instagram is my most used app and it will probably stay like that for a multitude of reason. This app is extremely versatile. I can get news about politics, sports, movies, celebrity news etc. On this app you can pretty much look up any account or see anything that you want to, whatever that may be. 


5. Google news https://news.google.com/home?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

File:Google news logo.png - Wikipedia

Growing up, I didn't really use google news at all. I never really took the time to reproach certain things but now as ive gotten older I use this outlet more often and I find it to be very valuable. google news gives information of all sorts but it is very politically focused. I feel like I can get a lot more information here than most media outlets and ill I have to do is a quick search to get what I want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog 7: Diffusion theory assignment

  the Wikipedia entry    The innovation I will be talking about is the iPhone. a cell phone was originally invented in 1973. Now, the mobile...